As the wedding season kicks off, I have decided to reflect on the top 5 traits of a successful wedding planner.
5. PATIENCE. A great wedding planner is adept at remaining calm and friendly amidst the chaos and stress. Their patience should shine throughout the entire wedding planning process, because after all, you’ve hired them to help you diffuse situations and remain calm during your wedding.
4. PROBLEM-SOLVING. Your parents vision of your wedding doesn’t match yours, but they are paying for it. What to do? Your dream tablescape is out of your budget. What to do? On the day of your wedding, the transportation company has not arrived. What to do? A great wedding planner knows how to help solve for these and the countless of other problems that will occur during your wedding. This does not mean that the wedding planner will make the final decision, they will just act as the neutral party to present options to help you make your decision.
3. BUDGET MANAGEMENT. A great wedding planner manages budgets day in and day out. They know how to work with you to prioritize your wedding wishes. Their budget management skills include negotiation and working with vendors within your budget.
2. KNOWLEDGE. A good wedding planner stays up to speed on trends in the wedding industry. A great wedding planner also looks at trends in the fashion industry, continues to educate themselves in budget management and relationship counseling, embraces new business practices and marketing techniques and knows what is happening in their market.
1. PASSION. A great wedding planner has passion for people…people that are committing their lives to each other. They may also have a passion for design, or for logistics, but at the end of the day, the reason a wedding planner does what they do is because they love helping a couple enjoy one of the most memorable days of their lives.
Have a wonderful wedding season!
Your extraordinary event specialist in Chicago,